architecture Brick Dormitory campus buildings Charles D. McIver founding McIver House State Normal and Industrial School wooden dormitory

The Lost Architecture of UNCG, part 1

At the time of its opening in 1892, the State Normal and Industrial School (now UNCG) consisted primarily of four buildings: two dormitories, a “main building,” and the president’s house. Smaller outbuildings existed, but these four structures served as the heart of campus activity. Today, only the Main Building — renamed the Foust Building in […]